How to share Calendars and other resources (Issue 1902)
Sharing Resources like your Contacts, Calendar, Tasks, etc is a two part process. Please follow the steps below:
Part 1 Shared Resources
- Log into https://mail.mercury.net with your email address and password.
- Select the Settings (two gears icon) from the left menu bar.
- Click on the plus next to Sharing. Then select Shared Resources.
- Then select New and select the radio button next to the information you would like to share. Once selected click the Next button.
- My Contacts
- My Calendar
- My Tasks
- My Notes
- Toggle either Users or Groups to provide a list of available email addresses/users to share your information with.
- Then from the list of available email addresses select the addresses you would like to share your information with. To select more than one email address hold down the Control key on your key board and select the addresses one by one.
- From the Access drop down menu select the appropriate access level. If you would like to give specific people more or less access you will have to repeat these steps individually for each user.
- Then select the Save button to apply the settings/changes.
Part 2 Mapped Resources
These steps are for the end user that is trying to add the shared calendar to their Outlook
- Once the Shared Resource has been added to Web Mail you will then need to add it to Outlook.
- From https://mail.mercury.net select the Calendar icon from the left menu bar.
- Next select the blue Actions drop down menu at the top left of the page (next to New, View, Print) and select Add to Outlook.
- From the Calendar drop down menu select the calendar you would like to add to Outlook. Then click the OK button.
- Next a smaller window should pop up. Select the blue Open Outlook 20xx button. (20xx is the version of Outlook you are using).
- Now within Outlook under Calendars you should see the shared calendar listed.
External Shared Resources Information
External Mapped Resources Information